Saturday 22 November 2014

Brand Favourites: Rimmel


I thought I might make a series of favourites from particular brands and I decided to start today with Rimmel who, with so many of their products both heavily recommended and affordable, I probably own more products from than any other brand.

Base- Match Perfection foundation
Though it's a bit too light a coverage for me this time of year and doesn't have the best lasting power, I love how well it matches my unusually pale skin tone and it tends to be my go to light coverage foundation. I also love the way it smells (though it might be one to avoid if you don't like scented make up). Honourable mentions go to the BB Cream which comes in a 'very light' shade for the super pale, is very cheap and makes an excellent light base in warm weather and the Stay Matte Powder- which does well what it says on the tin and fits better into this category than any other.

Eyes- Brixton Browns palette
This isn't the most pigmented or creamy eye shadow but its such a great combination of colours, all are very wearable and work well together. Its also great value for money at £6.99 and is very compact making it great to travel with.

Brows- Brow This Way clear brow gel
Holds brows in place pretty well and for a decent amount of time, though I wouldn't say all day. It doesn't fall into the worst pitfalls of clear brow gels- no heavy, almost painful eyebrow, no big clumps of gel when applying.

Cheeks- Stay Blushed liquid blush in 'Sunkissed Cherry'
I love a peach blush, I love a cream blush and this is a lovely combination of the two. Very, pretty and very long lasting my only issue is that its not the quickest and easiest to apply evenly, although that may just be because I'm not used to having to squeeze the right amount of blush out of a tube.

Lips- Moisture Renew Lipstick
I love the smell and feel of these lipsticks, they apply beautifully and are very pigmented and, as the name would suggest, moisturising. I particularly love the peachy shade 705 Let's Get Naked, which is pictured above. Honourable mention to the Kate Moss lipsticks, which are also excellent, less smooth and moisturising but longer lasting and just as pigmented.

As always I'd love to hear any product recommendations! See you soon!
Eva xx

2 comments:

  1. Great selection! I'm a big fan of Rimmel products. I especially love the lipsticks and face power. Have you tried the Stay Matte Power yet?

    jacklynv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah its really good especially for the price :) x

      Delete