Thursday 6 November 2014

Mini Haul and Reviews



I've been doing a bit of shopping recently and thought I'd run through some of the things I've bought and do some mini reviews of those that I've tried out.

Whilst excited about the Christmas and Halloween stock coming in, I went to Lush determined not to buy more than one thing (already having a good few bubble bars on the go). I only came out with two, so I suppose I didn't do too badly. I bought the Christmas Eve bubble bar and the Northern Lights bath bomb. Christmas Eve smells lovely and can turn your bath a pretty blue but, as half of it is yellow, it can also turn it a less pleasant yellow or green depending on which part you use. Northern lights can be easily split into smaller pieces which is great, everyone loves getting more for their money. It also turns the bath a lovely colour and leaves little stars in it, though the scent isn't one of Lush's best.

From boots I bought the Rimmel HD 5 Pan Eyeshadow in Brixton brown because I'd heard it recommended, loved the colours and wanted a little palette to take to London this weekend. It didn't seem too pigmented when I swatched it but it's not too bad for £6.99. I also got a Rimmel clear brow gel for £3.99 which, though it can become a bit heavy toward the end of the day, has held my brows in place pretty well.

I also picked up my favourite Yankee candle, fireside treats, which I've described here, from a card shop, I believe it was Clintons, and a couple more make up items from Superdrug & Topshop. From Topshop I bought a red lip cream as it was on sale for £3, I'm a bit scared of wearing something so bright that doesn't really stay put, but with a bit of blotting it's okay. It also feels moisturising and smells like ice cream! From Superdrug I bought an MUA cream blush for £2 in a peachy shade (which is completely unjustifiable I have far too many peach blushes) I haven't used this yet but I've only heard good things and am really excited to try it.

I may not be able to get a post up Saturday because of aforementioned London trip but if not, there'll definitely be one up Monday, see you soon!
Eva xx

No comments:

Post a Comment