Thursday 13 November 2014

Favourite Drugstore Foundations for Pale Skin


(Top: Rimmel Match Perfection, Bottom: Revlon Colorstay)

For years after I first started wearing foundation I was battling to find a foundation pale enough for my vampire white, completely un-tan-able skin and cheap enough for my teenage purse. Foundations available at highstreet prices in the UK tend to come in 5 shades of beige, which I have never been able to understand. Surely they'd sell better if the shades were more representative of the skin tones of the demographic they're trying to sell them to? Anyway, in the past few years I've settled on a couple of drugstore foundations which I love and come in shades that blend well into my super pale skin. The first is my favourite summer foundation, Rimmel Match Perfection (in 010 Light Porcelain), it looks lovely and dewy and feels light on the skin but doesn't give enough coverage for me in Winter. The only other problem I have with it is that it doesn't last particularly well, but this has not stopped me from repurchasing it. Revlon Colorstay foundation (in 110 Ivory) however, lasts very well, gives an excellent coverage and has been the foundation I've been reaching for the most this winter, though I think its a bit heavy for a warm weather foundation.

I'd love any suggestions of cheap foundations for pale skin- I've got Bourjois Healthy Mix and Loreal True Match on my wishlist to try out next. See you Saturday (if I can get my act together and start actually postig when I say I will that is)!
Eva xx

2 comments:

  1. In love with this! Definitely agree there's not enough pale foundations. L'Oreal True Match is my absolute favourite and they have such a big shade range. I have Match Perfection and think exactly the same as you although I know people who love it! I quite like Maybelline Fit Me and apparently there's a shade 110 which is paler than 115 that I have xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah I do love it but it has its issues. Ooh I might have to try that too then :) xx

      Delete