Thursday 1 January 2015

2014 Favourites


Happy new year everyone! I hope y'all had a good break over the Christmas period, since I'm having a lazy pyjama day today (not that I haven't had one most days over the holiday), I thought I'd do a 2014 favourites post and run through some of the make up and skincare products that I've reached for the most this year.

Maybelline Color Tattoo in on and on bronze- This has been my go to quick eye shadow throughout the year. Gos with everything and never creases- even on my exceptionally oily eyelids.

Too Faced Shadow Insurance eye shadow primer- Admittedly, this is horribly over priced but a tiny tube has lasted me over a year already as you need so little at a time, plus it's never failed me, it makes even the worst quality eye shadow look pigmented and last all day without creasing.

Maybelline Great Lash Waterproof Mascara- Holds a curl, doesn't smudge, can be built up easily and has a little brush perfect for lower lashes and its only £5! I know not everyone likes it, but mascaras a personal preference thing and this one has served me well this year.

Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette- This was my first high end eye shadow palette and it's had a lot of use this year. The famous Urban Decay eye shadow formula is wonderfully creamy and pigmented and this palette is full of beautiful colours.

Mac lipstick in Brave- A beautiful easy to wear everyday colour with a lovely formula- not too drying, not so glossy that it doesn't stay put on the lips.

MUA Cream Blush- Cheap as chips, pretty, pigmented and very long lasting. I think I've been opting for this blush most days since I bought it a few months ago.

The Body Shop Honey Bronzer- In the palest shade, this does an excellent job of brightening up my deathly pale skin. It's not too pigmented, so you can build it up but it's not easy to over do. I also really like the packaging.

Burts Bees Lip Balm in Mango Butter- Nothing has yet managed to replace this as my favourite lip balm, it smells lovely and sweet and really sinks into my lips to moisturise them better than anything else I've tried.

Neutrogena Visibly Clear 2 in 1 Wash and Mask- I really love the not-too-strong marshmallow-y smell of this. It cleanses skin well leaving it feeling soft, clean and moisturised. Great value for money.

The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Oil- Again this smells amazing (of camomile, obviously), it easily removes even the most stubborn waterproof mascara and leaves skin feeling soft and clean after removing make up, no need for a second cleanse.

Garnier Miscellar Cleansing Water- As a lover of lazy skincare I had to give this a shout out. Its the one step thing that I really love about this. It cleanses and removes make up so well and you don't even have to leave your bed to use it!

Anyone got a favourite product of the year to tell me about in the comments? See you soon!
Eva xx


2 comments:

  1. I really want to try the body shop products now haha x

    ReplyDelete