Monday 15 December 2014

Doodle Mugs- DIY Christmas Gift Idea



Today I thought I'd share an idea for cheap and thoughtful Christmas gifts- decorating your own mugs. This could also be a fun activity to do with children- you could give the plain mugs and porcelain pens as a gift for them instead. I bought these plain white mugs from Wilko for just 75p each and a porcelain pen from Ebay here (you can also get a big set of different colours at much better value for money). On most of my mugs I created similar Christmassy designs- a set of baubles of varying sizes on varying length strings (an example can be seen in the photo above). I also personalised the designs for each recipient. Mistakes I made with the pen were easily cleared up with nail polish remover and cotton buds and the designs were set after being left to dry for a few hours and then baked in the oven for an hour and a half.

I'd love to know about any DIY gifts you're making this Christmas. See you soon!
Eva xx

2 comments: