Saturday 18 October 2014

How Else To Use Your MUA Matte Eyeshadow Palette


I’ve been reaching for this all matte palette from MUA (available at superdrug) more and more often recently. The pigmentation and general quality of the eyeshadow is about what you’d expect for £4- nothing spectacular, its not awful but if thats what you're looking for, I'd recommend spending a little more on a sleek palette (I believe they have a couple of all matte ones). Some shades are quite chalky and the lighter ones aren't pigmented enough to show up well when used as eyeshadow. However, this has been a favourite of mine for its multi-purpose functionality more than anything, making it a good bet if you’re on a budget. Here are 4 ways I've been using this palette recently: 

  1. I use either the pale pink (taffeta) or pale yellow (butter) shade to colour correct under eye circles whilst also setting concealer, I tend to favour the pink but I couldn't tell you why, both work well and do not show up as yellow or pink on the skin when used this way.
  2. The taupe shade (fade) works well as a contour shade for me as I'm so pale (NW10 in mac), its not too warm toned or pigmented enough to easily look over done and its in a nice big square pan so you can just about get a big enough brush in it.
  3. I also use the shade ‘chino’ to fill in my brows sometimes, its nice and subtle and works well with my light brown/ a bit ginger eyebrows which is a plus as most pencils tend to look too obvious as they never seem to be a close enough colour.
  4. I use mainly the brown shades as eyeshadow, particularly 'fade', 'penny' and 'chino.' With a decent eyeshadow primer (I’m currently using too faced shadow insurance) these work quite nicely as subtle matte eyeshadows, I've been using them for a simple contoured look on my eyes while I’m wearing a dark autumnal lip colour.


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment