Monday 20 October 2014

Autumn Favourites





We’re already more than half way through everyone’s favourite season. The jumpers are out, the leaves are falling and, thanks to my six year old sister, our house has been lovingly strewn with conkers. So, in between halloween preparations and attempts to drink as many Pumpkin Spice Lattes as is possibly excusable before the end of the season, I thought I’d run through a few beauty-type things I’ve been enjoying this past month and a half.


I bought the Rimmel Kate Moss matte lipstick in 107 fairly recently, and its the first one of the Rimmel Kate Moss lipsticks I’ve owned, a bit late to that party, I know, but apart from being a little drying, it really has lived up to it’s reputation. The colour is gorgeous both when used lightly (quite a bright pink) and when built up a little more when it looks a lovely deep plum-red colour. I love a matte lip product because they don't tend to need reapplying every 5 minutes, I give this 7.5/10 for staying power and it tends to fade in a nice, non patchy way.


My MUA ever after palette, which I’ve done a full review of here, has probably been used more in the last month than it has in the past 10 months I've owned it put together. Using it for everything from contouring to filling in brows to creating a subtle contoured eye look to go with statement autumnal lip colours in deep red or plum. While I’m not giving it full marks for pigmentation, you really can do a lot with it for under £5.



Maybelline colour tattoo cream eyeshadows are an all year round favourite to be honest. They're very pretty, last well and are really quick and easy to apply. 'On and on bronze' is my favourite shade, its super pigmented, super long lasting and looks twice as good as a powder eyeshadow would even without using an extortionately priced eyeshadow primer. The shade 'Metallic pomegranate' is a more recent purchase and its a very autumnal deep plum colour. Its not quite as pigmented or long lasting as on and on bronze but still does pretty well on both accounts. It is quite red toned so I'd avoid it if you're not into the whole reddish eye make up thing (there's definitely a solid 'it just makes your eyes look sore and tired' argument) but I think thi very pretty- particularly because of the contrasting gold shimmer running through it.



Last but not least, I'm starting to go back to thicker, cold weather foundations and have been using Revlon colorstay more often than anything else. It's a rare and beautiful thing when a drugstore foundation is actually pale enough for my skin tone (NW10 in mac) and this, in the shade '110 Ivory' is a really good match. It also lasts really well and gives a good coverage whilst still blending in to the skin well and not looking too cakey. I also love the natural finish it gives, its not matte or dewy but at just the right place in between. My one complaint, having bought the 'normal-dry' version of this foundation when my skin was going through a dry phase, is that for a foundation aimed at dry skin it clings horribly to dry patches, so if you have dry skin it may not be your best option.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes! I'm very tempted to buy some more :)

      Delete
  2. I love the Mayelline colour tattoos so much!! If only I could find that MUA palette in Canada though, it looks so good :(

    I actually love your blog so much that I nominated you for the Liebster blog award: http://akinokiki.blogspot.ca/2014/10/liebster-blog-award-nomination.html if you complete it, let me know because I'd love to see your response! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they are the best!! MUA is good and cheap but I bet theres more make up I want that they sell in Canada and not here haha, thank you for nominating me!

      Delete